The College is committed to ensuring the safety of its students in their use of modern technologies. As the Internet has grown the issues have become broader, touching not only the PC, but mobile phones and gaming.
This academic year, the College has undertaken an eSafety Week with students which highlighted some key messages to do with online safety. Students took part in a ‘Facebook MOT’ session to encourage them to address the security settings on their social networking profile; this was supported by a series of themed gatherings and in-session activities tailored to each year group.
More generally, the College teaches eSafety awareness as part of the curriculum throughout all Key Stages.
On this page, you will find several resources, for both parents and children that highlight some of the issues related to online safety – we hope you find them useful. We have also incorporated the ‘Click CEOP’ button into the website to make reporting dangerous sites easier to do.
The College has also made available its guide for protecting yourself on Facebook. It contains advice on how to increase security of your account and privacy settings, as well as information on blocking other users from seeing your profile.
- Download: Protecting Yourself on Facebook - Account & Privacy Settings
- Download: PEGI - The Good Gaming Guide
Please Note: Landau Forte College Derby is not responsible for content on external websites.
- Get Safe Online - http://www.getsafeonline.org/
- ChildNet International - http://www.childnet-int.org/
- NetSmartz Workshop - http://www.netsmartz.org/Parents
- ThinkUknow - https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/parents/
- UKCCIS - Advice for Child Internet Safety
- CEOP YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/ceop
The link below gives some brief instructions on how to set parental controls on some popular games consoles: